Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'd like to see you supervisor! (Week 7)

If you build it they will come!
Wait, there is already a built one, you have anything you may need at your disposal. How? You want dynamic websites, done! You want to be cost-incentive, use Google for documents, Tumblr for photos, Facebook for main source of communication, Twitter for promotions, done! You want knowledge and collaboration, setup a wiki, done! You want mobility, blogging on the way, draw cartoons and share them on RSS to your followers, done!


I am kind of exhausted of listing all the good stuff that web 2.0 brings to play in my papers. Above mentioned things may sound geeky but I most certainly believe that "geeky" is the new way of doing business. It is not about  conserving employees in cubicles and make them crunch numbers everyday, it is about collaboration, brain storming, creativity, and listening! 


We used to have a suggestion box at our high school, we put write the funniest stuff and put them in, but sadly no feedback was given to us. After years, I have logged on to my high school website and they have a forum where students can make suggestions. It is kind of funny to see teachers responding to funny comments made by students. Three parties, students, teachers, alumni (me), they all can collaborate and share the experiences, create the valuable feedback cycle which businesses need a lot.


I used to use a website called "Ihaveacomplaint.com" in Turkey, where people would use the dynamic infrastructure of the website to choose the company from the list and write their complaints about them. In return, companies can respond and add comments such as "this user's complaint has bee resolved"


One of the funniest things, one day I was very pissed at a technomarket in Turkey and tweeted bad comments about them. In a day, they replied my tweet saying "Can we learn why you are unsatisfied with our services?" and that moment I was very impressed. There was a company out there, listening the consumers, "creeping" their facebook or twitter accounts for keywords and respond to their complaints. Well apparently there is a reason why that company is the best selling household electronics retailer in Turkey. 




Related Question: What are the potential benefits of web 2.0 social media applications in a business context? How is communicating with customers using social media technologies different from previous customer-oriented communication?

No comments:

Post a Comment